Saturday, May 30, 2009

God-given talents are to be shared!

My sister has a wonderful artistic talent that she uses to bless her family and friends. She composed my new header and I am so thankful! That is me looking over the Roanoke River yet it is really a composite of pictures. I wish you could see the scrapbooks that she has put together...they are amazing and her Christmas cards are better than Hallmark's. She could be a highly paid graphic designer! You can check out her website at http://carlacrosbycda.com/default.aspx .

God has given each of us a talent. I can hear some of you saying that He must have skipped over you and gave someone else your portion. Listen, there are women who can whip up a meal for fifty people without event thinking about it. I on the other hand, sweat over a cookout for four. I plan the menu days in advance and try to figure out what can be prepared early and then worry about how to keep the food warm so I can serve it all at the same time. I feel more comfortable speaking in front of 500 ladies than cook for 5. Please don't think that when I invite you over for dinner that I won't enjoy it because I will. The focus will be on conversation not on food!

Another talent I envy is making small talk. Now I can talk and talk when I am familiar with you, (probably more than you want to hear). I remember when my grandma Wildermuth went with me to the hospital when my son had pneumonia. Several young moms were upset and all alone as they stood by the beds of their young children with various medical problems. It didn't take Grandma very long before she made contact with everyone in the room and they were smiling and laughing and giving her hugs. I have to admit that at first I was a little embarrassed by her boldness but then I realized God had given her the gift of hospitality.

So look within and find your talent, your gift from God, that you can use to show His love to others. If your talent happens to be cleaning house and you want to express it...my house is open! Just kidding!

My Interpretation:

Open your mind to what talent God has given you. Be thankful and then bless someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment