Monday, June 1, 2009

Small Business Expo

Over the weekend I along with my good friend Donna, went to the Home-Based Business Expo in Rocky Mount. The class we attended was put on by the Small Business Administration facilitated by Mr. Ivan Hankins. The information was very valuable for anyone who wants to finance a small business. I also met Joyce Siler, the director of Women's Business Center from Raleigh. She is over the northeastern section of NC. I could tell she loves her job and truly wants to help women pursue their careers.

Small business owners had booths set up in the Conference and Training Center of the Edgecomb County Business/Industrial Incubator. There were various types of businesses represented from toys to make-up to jewelry.

God always has a plan when he sends me to something like this. I wasn't sure why I was attending and I don't think Donna did either but we were so blessed by the people we met and we walked away saying, "WOW, how is God going to use this information and networking to bring Him glory?"

I was able to share about Spiritual Spa to a lady who is a Silpada representative. I had never heard of Silpada and even though I don't wear much jewelry, I loved the artistry of the necklaces and earrings. Kendal Hartel was so pleasant and I was immediately drawn to her spirit. As it turned out she is a strong Christian and a godly parent of a teenage girl. I could tell God is important to her and the Holy Spirit is in her. I am overjoyed that she is doing so well with her business and I pray God will bless her richly. I am giving her information to my Kendall and maybe, just maybe God will use this as a business for her. He works in mysterious ways.

I also met a woman, Jackie, who is starting a business for children, teens and their parents where they can come for good recreation. She was a teacher in New York and has moved to the Rocky Mount area. During a class we were to tell what we did and when I said Spiritual Spa Ministries she turned and gave me the "He's my God too" look.

It was a good morning and I felt if nothing else, God let me meet two of my sisters (in Christ)!

My interpretation:

God is everywhere and when we listen to Him, He will show us His people are everywhere too! He wants to bless us financially so we can bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment