Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friendly Ostrich Rider


This is a tribute to a great young man that will be graduating next month from high school. He is the brother of my daughter-in-law and a student in my high school Sunday School class. He has a wonderful sense of humor and I am sure he will have a fun time in college! If you see this ostrich rider please let him know you saw him on my blog...
I have been thinking a lot about the kids graduating this year from high school and college and how their plans for the future probably changed from last year. With the economy taking a dive and now in a recovery that is slower than a southern drawl, (if in fact it is recovering) it is difficult to start a career and some will settle for any job to make ends meet. Those that aren't going to college will be looking for work that will provide a substantial income while the college bound teens will need summer jobs to make some extra cash. The advice we gave our UNC graduate was to go back and get his Masters. He thankfully has been able to start his own company and is doing ok. The entrepreneurs may be the ones to make the economy turn around by providing jobs for others.
With people like my friend who calls me Grandma Barb, we will surely have some good laughs to keep us cheered up. I really like being around his family because of their ability to make the ordinary and mundane events of life into funny stories of human nature. I'm glad God made some people funny!
My Interpretation:
Even though I am old enough to be his grandma...he still calls me his friend....and I am thankful for his friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment