Monday, May 18, 2009

Family Visit!

Family has always been important to me and since I have lived away from my parents and siblings for over 15 years, I am delighted that my sister and her husband brought mom and dad to visit me. They came from Ohio to North Carolina bringing their swim suits and ready for some good ole southern climate, but unfortunately the weather changed and the rain came along with much cooler air. Oh well, we have enjoyed playing cards and telling stories and my sides hurt from laughing so hard.


Today we drove to Weldon and watched the Roanoke River rapids and stood in awe of the beauty of the water. Then we went to the new antique mall and we were impressed with the local artisans. The pictures were the most interesting for me and they inspired me to pursue my passion for photography. In order to get some fresh air, we took a walk along the Canal Trail of the Roanoke River and my sister and I took several pictures of the flowers, ferns and greenery.


I wish my sister lived closer …we could have so much fun taking walks and capturing the beauty in pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment