Friday, May 15, 2009

Clothe me Lord!

I didn't want to leave you hanging...my husband liked the new hairstyle. What is it about getting older and finally feeling content and then we get this notion to change things up a bit. I really was fine with the hairstyle I had but there was something inside yearning for a fresh look. When Kendall finished coloring and cutting my hair I must say I thought I looked a lot like my 6 year old granddaughter and that was a little too youthful! But once I got home and put some spice into it, I felt sassy. Just the feeling I was looking for.

The shopping trip was a real treat since I didn't purchase any clothes last year and only a few necessities this year. As I get older I feel less and less comfortable buying clothes. First of all, my size has shrunk...what in the world did the clothing industry do...did they mean to make clothes smaller? Second, I like the styles for twenty, thirty and forty-somethings but where are the styles for the 50 somethings...what happened to clothes for the curvy woman?

I have been talking to so many women who are ready to throw in the towel, sit back and grow old. I really don't think that is what they want for themselves but they settle for that because that is the expectation for the more mature woman. But there is something happening in the over 50 group that is sweeping the nation. There is a strong desire to reinvent themselves, go to college, change careers and enjoy challenges not hide from them. Sometimes just changing your style gives you a new frame of mind.

There should not be any worries in my life about what to wear. For God has clothed me with His garments. For those of us who believe Jesus is the way, truth and the life we are clothed with His righteousness. He clothes us with His compassion and love and fills us with His joy. He is all I need and all I want. This earthly tent will go away and my spirit will endure forever.
My Interpretations:
My earthly clothes makes me happy and helps to lift my spirit...but the Holy Spirit of Christ in me clothes me with His JOY and gives me eternal life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment