Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Bible Verse of the day....

Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

As I read that verse this morning, it reminded me that it is not God who is far away, it is me. When I stop fluttering around and draw near to Him, He is always available and He then draws near to me. But I must first wash my filthy hands and purify my heart. I can not be double minded thinking about how to make it in this world by human standards and thinking about how to live out my life according to my reality in Christ. Those are not two separate lives that I have, they are the same life. I must choose who it is that I will serve and obey. I want to serve Christ with all my heart, soul and strength and so I MUST draw near to Him on a daily basis.

My Interpretation:

Lord I can only obey you with the help of Your Holy Spirit, so I must draw near to You continually so I can accurately hear Your will for my life. Help me draw near to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment