Friday, May 1, 2009

Plastic, Football and Butterflies!

This blog is for my good friend Kris.

We go to the same church and we were acquaintances but it was at the high school football games where we really got to know each other well and became great friends. We talked more than watched but hey, we didn't have children playing. I think she was actually there to watch the games but I went to support my hubby so he wouldn't have to sit by himself and to socialize.

I was a fair weather fan but I made an exception one night...it rained and my hubby gave me a plastic outfit to wear over my clothes. Yep, you read that right. I thought this was something that every good fan did, so I donned the plastic and went to the game. I am SO GLAD that there weren't very many people there!! Kris couldn't stop laughing and that has been a joke between us. I love making memories with close friends and I will never forget the rain game and Kris.

I haven't worn the plastic suit since, but...today my granddaughter was visiting and it started raining as we were planting flowers. A plastic poncho was close by so I put it on her and she loved it; she felt like a butterfly. Of course she looks so much cuter than I did wrapped in plastic. She danced about in the rain and then hid behind the flowers trying to be seen as a flower. What a beautiful daffodil she made among the azaleas!

Making memories with my granddaughter is so important to me and I am so thankful to the person who invented the camera. Now if I would just be more vigilant about keeping them in scrapbooks or on CD's.



My Interpretation:
Memories made with friends and family fill the empty spaces in my mind with laughter and love to replay over and over when I need a good pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment