Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cloud Watching!

Today I planted flowers in the warm sun as the blue sky dotted with clouds passed overheard. I could smell the dirt as I mixed Miracle Grow into the soil as I prepared the garden bed. Working in the dirt always reminds me of my dad and growing up on the farm. I also raked the remaining leaves and pulled out some of the dead ivy. As I was wiping my brow I looked up at the beautiful sky and it beckoned me to take pictures. So I ran in the house and grabbed my Canon.

Being able to view the pictures right away is so cool and when I looked at this picture I thought I saw a face. Do you see a face? Funny how the mind works. If you want to see something you can almost create it in your mind's eye. My husband didn't see anything and now I have to look really hard at this picture to see it. Please don't think I'm really a weirdo but I must admit that I felt God was saying, "I'm watching and I like the flowers you planted." Of course He might have been saying, "It's about time you did some yard work!" I choose to think He was smiling over me.

In this picture I see a foot and I am reminded of the following OT verses in Isaiah 66, that Luke quoted in Acts.

Acts 7:46 "{David} found favor in God's sight, and asked that he might find a dwelling place for the God of Jacob. 47 "But it was Solomon who built a house for Him. 48 "However, the Most High does not dwell in {houses} made by {human} hands; as the prophet says: 49 'HEAVEN IS MY THRONE, AND EARTH IS THE FOOTSTOOL OF MY FEET; WHAT KIND OF HOUSE WILL YOU BUILD FOR ME?' says the Lord, 'OR WHAT PLACE IS THERE FOR MY REPOSE? 50 'WAS IT NOT MY HAND WHICH MADE ALL THESE THINGS?'

My Interpretation:

God wants to communicate with us in our everyday lives through His creation. When our hearts are ready to see through supernatural eyes we will see His glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment