Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I need a performance review!

The three stooges......the three amigos........the three musketeers........the three ? whatever.....the three of us found each other in 2006 and then became friends while we worked on a women's conference. Yesterday we met to catch up with K's pregnancy and life in general. K recently quit her job to prepare for her baby boy and to rest while waiting. We talked about putting your career on hold and the impact that has on your inner desire to be a success in the business world. I was reminded of my departure from corporate America and after being home for 6 months, my husband came home to find me reduced to tears. He asked me what was wrong and all I could think of to say was, "I needed a performance review". Why? Because I needed to hear I was doing a good job and that I was very valuable to the success of the team!

I know that makes me sound like I am a very needy person , but don't we all want to think that we have something of worth to contribute to our families and society? After raising four sons...well I still have a seventeen year old in the house...I realized I have contributed to society by giving them four wonderful men! My sons are 36, 34, 22, and 17! So I have been a mom for a long time and I know that it is hard work but oh' so worth it. I worked full time when the first three boys were young as a banking center manager, so I know what it is like using every minute of every day to the max. Then I became bedridden while I was pregnant for my last child and I consoled myself by cross stitching and reading and keeping the little one inside!! But after his birth I never went back to my career in banking.

So I have experienced being a full time mom and career woman and a full time mom working at home. Both were fulfilling. I believe it is a choice to enjoy life; although I have had some major downs, I have had some amazing ups! I try real hard to remember that in God's economy when He gives me a performance review and disciplines me, it is so I will change for the better. I will always stack up because Jesus has taken all my shortfalls upon himself and so the Father only sees His Son in all I do. Knowing that makes me want to do my very best so He will be glorified!

My Interpretation:

At my final performance review I pray I will hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment