Thursday, March 12, 2009

What a nose!

Could you imagine having a nose like this? I wish I could tell you what kind of bird this is but I really don't know. I took his or her picture when I was at Sylvan Heights. What I do know is God made that particular bird exactly how He wanted him to look. There must be a reason for his beak to be bright orange. I wonder if the other birds make comments about how his beak is large and bulging. Or maybe they comment about the color ...I mean it really is such a contrast to it's body making it the first thing you notice.

Well I remember in my younger days how kids my age, would make fun of my nose. Yeah it has a wierd bump and it is a little long, but it is my nose, the one God gave me. I hadn't heard any comments for many years until my youngest son was in kindergarten and his teacher, who was a big fan of plastic surgery, gave me some advice. I was having problems with my sinuses and she gave me the name of her doctor who she said, "could fix my nose while I was under." Wow...she told me like she saw it! All I could do was laugh.

My husband disagreed with me getting my nose fixed and said that is what makes me unique.... and I want to believe him. I have grown accustomed to this thing in the middle of my face; at least it isn't orange! Now I am not going to put anyone down for improving their looks, it's just that I have no desire to do so. I do wish I could breathe better but I am too much of a wimp do go under the knife.

My Interpretation:

God gave me this nose for a reason....not sure what it is. In Psalm 139, it says that we are wonderfully made. I choose to believe that too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I found your blog while blog hoping on grandmas because I am one too, but I wanted to share with you that I had not noticed a thing odd about your nose in the first few pictures of you and your grandkids playing dress up. Just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I guess if I gave you a side view you might see the bump. I love being a grandma and hope to share more pics in the future.

    ReplyDelete