Monday, March 2, 2009

Photos of Winter Wonders!





















I may not have a fancy camera, but I sure love the pictures I get from my little digital. It was so awesome to wake up this morning and see this view from my window especially since I live in the south! I knew school would be cancelled which meant my grandchildren would be coming over and my son, TD, would be home for the day...well as a junior I knew he would be home for awhile. He took his first solo drive in the snow. That's another blog!


In the background of the picture below you can see the Roanoke River. This is the same river bank in the Canal Trail pictures in an earlier blog. There is just something about looking at landscapes. I don't know if it is because growing up I lived on the edge of a stone quarry and my sister and I rode our horses all through the woods. Many times it felt like we were in another world, one where the stillness was almost freaky. The horses were friskier in the winter and that made it exciting...I had to hold on tighter though! You could see the horses breath as they snorted and reared their heads.
Today was also a special day with the little ones. It was so fun to see baby Hay make a snow angel, and even better to capture it for the future. It makes it so easy to take photos and videos on the same camera...and I need things to be simple.
Simple is me...when I reviewed this video I realized how simple and stupid I must appear. I had to improvise with the plastic bags as boots. Like I said we live in the south and Hay had outgrown his boots from last year and this was our first snow so why get new boots. The snow will be gone by tomorrow and it's suppose to be 70 degrees on Friday! So anyway....I put plastic bags on his feet to keep his shoes from getting too wet. Call me crazy and wierd but ....it is quite funny! When we got cold and had to come in the house, Hay was real concerned that I was throwing away his new boots. Silly boy!

My Interpretation of this wonderful day:

God has given us a beautiful world to share with our loved ones. And yet...heaven will be even more amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment