Sunday, March 15, 2009

Make new friends but keep the old...

Recently, I was able to enjoy an afternoon tea with a very dear friend. I still consider Caroline a new friend, as we have only known each other about 3 years. When I think of the Girl Scout song I learned when I was just a wee little girl, I thought my friends then would still be my frineds 50 years later. WOW! Does that make me sound old or what? I still remember their faces, some of their names, but after moving away from my home town 15 years ago, I don't see them at all. Not even when I go home for a visit.



My son on the other hand, who is 34, still keeps in touch with his friends from kindergarten, and they all live in different states. Even before Facebook, MySpace and email, they called each other and went on vacations together. They were in the forefront of networking. He teaches me alot about friendship.



I love making new friends but I miss some of those old ones...and now they are actually old!



My Interpretation:


Make new friends but keep the old,
one is silver and the other gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment