Monday, March 23, 2009

Shopping with younger women makes me feel younger.

SM, my new friend who just moved to my state, and I went to the big city today to meet my lovely daughter-in-love. KD colored my hair and gave me a quick trim then we joined my son for lunch. It was easy conversation among us and that's not always the case when you just meet someone and know nothing about them. The younger generation all have something in common; job hunting in this economic crisis. JW has a degree in economics and SM in music, going for her Masters in Special Ed...they are having difficulty finding work. KD is a hairstylist and well...everyone needs to get their hair styled so that industry is recession proof. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter how many degrees you have but what you have to offer that others need.

This generation may not realize the life lessons they are learning with not having everything so easy to come by. No money makes you figure out what your needs truly are and it forces you to shop wiser. Also, you have to be creative with fun times that don't cost money; like playing cards with friends or playing soccer as a family team at the local league. My three sons all play on the same soccer team and since they have to have at least three girls on the team, KD gets to play. Hopefully they won't get hurt...two of them are over 30!

I remember the 70's and how I had to pinch pennies (I can still make them squeal). When things got better I had already established a frugal lifestyle. Hopefully this younger generation will do the same and be the better for it. We don't always get what we want and we seem to really want what we do not need.

My Interpretation:

Enjoy what you have and worked hard at keeping it....good relationships, contented lifestyle, and your faith!

1 comment: