Friday, August 28, 2009

REST not from sleep but from the Lord

All the meds I am taking now for my sinus infection is starting to wear me down a little, yet as I am typing this, my insides are a bit shaky and my fingers can't move fast enough! Why are there so my side affects from something that is supposed to make me better? The Prednisone makes me wired so I need a sleeping pill, Ambience, that gives me four hours of deep sleep...usually. But last night I think the popcorn messed me up because I didn't even get three hours of tossing and turning rest. REST...I need REST.

I love how God always talks to me in the wee hours of the morning, when I am fading in and out. And the last couple of weeks I have been awake to hear Him. So when He began to put His imaginations in my brain as I lay on my bed, I knew He would give me more than I could possibly write down. Spiritual Spa Ministries, I feel, is a gift that God has given, not only me but to the Spa TECH's who minister to our guests. And the TECH's are gifts to me in every way. I cherish their friendship and I am awed at their dedication to help other ladies REST!

For several years God has shown me that my job is to be a promoter of gatherings for women and to use Spiritual Spa as an additive (promoter in chemical terms) that will increase the efficiency of the Catalyst (Holy Spirit). Not that the Holy Spirit needs me but, in a sense, He does ask all of us to take His Spirit into the fallen world. Through Spiritual Spa, hearts are provoked (stirred of an emotion within) to actively participate with God in their journey here on earth. Prayer easily flows from a soul at REST and we find a peace that passes all understanding. When we find REST we become poems of the Living God. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. " Ephesians 2:10. Workmanship in Greek is poeima, which is where we get our word, poem! We are His poem, created in Christ Jesus for good works and when we walk in them, others will become acquainted with God. From there the Holy Spirit woes them to Himself!

So I have been asking God if I and Spiritual Spa are on the right track. Do I understand what He wants from me. Not always, but this morning He gave me Psalm 16.

A miktam (silent prayer or a prayer that someone might be covered with protection) of David.

1 Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
3 I say of the godly who are in the land, "They are the noble people in whom is all my delight."
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out their libations
of blood or take up their names on my lips.
5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful
inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one
see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with
eternal pleasures at your right hand.

REST....Retreat, Engage, Surrender, Transformed!

No comments:

Post a Comment