Saturday, August 15, 2009

David Tyree is a great role model!

I just watched a program that I really didn't want too, but my teenage son had the controller. Of course it was on ESPN and it was about athletes. Not sure of the name of the show but they highlighted different athletes from a young boy playing little league, getting shot in the head while at bat (he lived...amazing!) to David Tyree who plays professional football.

On national TV, David told about his drug addictions and how Satan possessed his soul. He went on to say he stopped into a church and cried out to God. He ended up in a mental institute for awhile but God healed him totally! Now he goes around and talks to teens about abstaining from drugs. http://www.montclairtimes.com/NC/0/1085.html

As much as I complain about the poor role models in college and professional athletes, it was awesome to watch this show with my son. Shame on me for clumping all athletes into one bad pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment