Saturday, August 22, 2009

Trust in the Lord and be like a TREE.

Jeremiah 17:

5 Thus says the LORD,
"Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
And makes flesh his strength, And whose heart turns away from the LORD.
6 "For he will be like a bush in the desert
And will not see when prosperity comes,
But will live in stony wastes in the wilderness,
A land of salt without inhabitant.
7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD
And whose trust is the LORD.
8 "For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit.

I understand these verses, oh' so well. For I have been in the wilderness when I put my trust in the strength of my flesh and not in the Lord. But now I trust in the Lord and trust the Lord. Even during my latest sinus infection and the weird feelings that go along with the medications, I trust the Lord will get me through this. My roots are extending into the stream of Living Water that Jesus provides and His Holy Spirit gives me guidance and reassurance that all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment