Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dreams and Goals

I can't believe TD is a senior in high school! Our youngest son soon to be 18 in November. Yet when I looked at him today asking for a trip to Dairy Queen, I still saw the little boy with the great heart and big smile. His shoulders are broader and his voice deeper, but his humor shines through as he curls up his eyebrow and gives me the "please" look. I can't seem to resist it!

The time has come though for him to begin thinking of what he wants to have as a career and we want him to decide right now. How unrealistic is that! You would think after having three older sons we would realize it takes time and each son has had to find his own way at his own pace. Do they even know how much I dreamed about their futures and still do, except now I know it is in God's hand, not mine.

My mother always dreamed about the future of her six children too, and would even write out her goals and plans for them. Not sure if any of us ever met her standards but I know she is proud of us no matter what. And I am proud of my children too.

Is that how God looks at us. He has these plans and dreams for us and wants us to walk into our destiny, yet He has given us free will to make the choices needed to accomplish His will. But He knows what we will do and He is sovereign. It all makes my head spin. I am just glad He loves me so much that He allows me to stumble along on the journey without giving up on me.

Thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment