Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Relaxing at the lake with our loved ones!

My hubby and I are sitting in Lake Pitt ( a gas station and convenience store) hooking up with the Internet. That has been the only problem we have encountered while we are here at the lake. Not that we have to be on the Internet constantly, but we have grown fond of being able to keep in touch with everyone via the air waves. Our cell phones can't get a signal...just when I get a Blackberry too! What good has it done for me?



Our four sons and the grandbabies were with us the first three days and we enjoyed water skiing and swimming. But now they have all gone home and our youngest went back home to pick up some friends so they can ski and swim for the rest of the week. We know he is old enough to take the boat out on the lake without us, but boy does that seem weird! Our baby doesn't need us. We do pray a lot though that he will use his head when out on the water. Things can happen so fast and someone could get hurt. But we have faith ...in him and in HIM.



Our grandson caught his first fish! I wish I could show you the picture but that will have to wait unitl I get home. We were all screaming like the child had just won the lottery. He kept the fish out so long so we could see it that it died before we got it back in the water. Poor thing!

I know I have said this so many times, enjoy your family...TODAY! At Clyde's funeral, I watched three of his four sons standing side by side and looking lovingly at their mother. One son was missing. I remembered Clyde and Joanne telling us that their son David died some twenty years ago. Life happens and so quickly a young man's life was shortened and his parents grieved for many months and years. Now Clyde is rejoicing with his son in heaven. In his son's place stood his friend, Jimmy. Even though David had been gone twenty years, his memory is forever sketched into Jimmy's heart and now he held back the tears just as a son would.

My hubby and I talked today in the quietness of the pool...we were the only ones there...about enjoying every moment as it happens. Not thinking about what we were going to do in a few hours or a few days; but being focused on the present. The present is a gift, a precious awakening of the soul to the love flowing one to another. I love that feeling. God is with us and we so grateful for His love and through His love we can love more deeply and passionately, for God is love.

My Interpretation:

When I live in the present, I embrace the present God has given me, my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment