Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Boomers remember the moon landing

Baby Boomers remember the moon landing

Posted using ShareThis

Click on the above link to read the article. Below are my thoughts...

Well what about you? Do you remember watching the moon landing on television? Wow, does that make me feel old! But that's ok. I thought that visiting the moon would become an annual event after the historical landing; but it didn't. Visions and dreams of flying to the moon were often floating through my head. The thoughts must have camped out there fueling my imagination because I never made any move toward being an astronaut. Could you see me jumping up and down on the moon, giggling like a little girl, thanking the Lord for His awesome work of art. It would be the only time I could do the famous Michael Jackson moonwalk, that's for sure.

My grandmothers could remember when the horse and buggy was the best form of traveling. Of course the also enjoyed the train and cars. When my grandma Huber went to Israel at 82 years old, that was her first and only trip in an airplane. So many events happened during her 98 years here on earth.

What are the memories, us baby boomers will pass on to our grandchildren that will totally amaze them? Maybe that we had to use clunky typewriters and a lot of white out to present a book review to our teachers. My younger sons can't even imagine life without their own personal laptops. Times have changed. Honestly, I love my laptop!

Baby Boomers are now receiving Social Security checks in the mail and trying to figure out what to do with the last half of their lives. Some have lost the security of their long term careers and are now reinventing themselves to bring in an income. Others are at the height of their careers, making a good wage and yet feel they are ready to tackle new challenges. Life can get stale and the baby boomers are not used to settling in and doing nothing. We still have a lot of living to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment