Monday, September 28, 2009

Suffering People

Well today I begin my journey with Dr. Ebert and who will be operating on my sinuses, October 7th. I have put my trust in him...mostly in God who will direct his hands! I will have my right maxillary sinus cleaned out and one of the passageways enlarged.

When I went for my pre-op, I was stunned by the number of people waiting to be seen by a doctor who specializes in ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat). There was a lady with a growth on her chin, a man with some kind of apparatus on his nose, little children and teenagers with different ailments, all crammed into the waiting room. Some even had to stand and wait.

It reminds me that life happens and as much as we may pray and ask the Lord to heal us, He may have other plans in mind. My good friend Donna went with me and she, as I knew she would, befriended a lady sitting with her son. The lady is from the Bronx, where Donna and I are going next month to speak at the Fordham Manor Reformed Church. They had invited me to perform the Woman at the Well drama, and Donna so graciously accepted my invitation to join me. She will be "setting the stage" for my entrance and following up with a Scripture reading.
The lady gave Donna hints on what we should and shouldn't do while in New York. God is so good to give us some practical tips on travel.

While at UNC Hospital, Donna and I were able to pray for all the hurting people. My surgery seems so minor to what others are suffering through. God be with them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Barb! I will be praying for you about your surgery! As someone who's had sinus/nasal surgery before, I can totaly feel your pain! Serious prayers going your way! Love you miss you!

    ReplyDelete