Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Treasure Island




I am sitting on the balcony looking over the sandy beach and beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The air is so warm and the gentle breeze is helping me to relax. We, my husband and son, had a wonderful drive Sunday after Easter service on our way to Florida. The two guys sat up front while I read and I could hear their banter about baseball and basketball and when we stopped for the night, my son was real quick to get on the Internet and learn more about the Tampa Rays (Pro Baseball team) who we are going to see tonight. Well, I am hoping to join them.

You see, as soon as we got into our room at Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina, I bent over to pick up my bag and....the most terrible pain went up my back and down my leg. I went to the floor and thought for sure I would pass out. My son said I turned white then green...could have been a reflection from the green bedspread. All I know is it hurt. After a night of applying Icy Hot and heating pads, I was able to walk this morning to the bathroom, make a cup of coffee (that always makes me feel better) and get out my computer so I could write (almost as good as coffee) and so God heard our prayers. I have sent emails to some of my prayer warriors for help! If I didn't send you an email it isn't because you aren't a prayer warrior, it's just I can't think very well right now.

I noticed a young woman running down the street and I thought of how blessed we are when we have good health. I certainly have taken that for granted. Yesterday we waited too long to eat lunch and it was really hard for my hubby who is diabetic. Another disease that even though it can be controlled, it changes your whole lifestyle and those around you. My son and I were ok with eating a late lunch but we could tell it was affecting my knight. Right now I would love to be able to sit here without the pain in my lower back, and yet I am so fortunate that I can be sitting here at all. So many deal with chronic pain and never complain. Forgive me Lord.

I took the pictures with my webcam since I don't have the cords to hook up my Canon. It's 8:00 am and overcast but it is still so enjoyable. The guys are still sleeping and I think I will try to walk around and maybe work this muscle loose. They went to a place last night called Bubba Gump's (I think) and said it was a place I would like. So I want to make their joy complete by being able to shop today! Ha!Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment