Monday, April 20, 2009











After a night with Advil, Icy Hot and heating pads, and most importantly prayer, I woke up with some discomfort but not enough to keep me off the beach. Through my pain I was able to get a wonderful glimpse of how my son will be an attentive and loving husband. God is in control and maybe that is why I went through this hiccup in our vacation.

Once we got on the beach T stayed with me while my knight went on a run. Almost as quickly as he ran a storm brewed in the sky. I took pictures and stood there in total awe of how the sky changed from beautiful blue to wild and gray. You could see the clouds roll over and over. I could hear my hubby yelling for me to stop taking pictures and take cover just in case it would start lightning. But I was just so caught up in the wind as it brushed against my face and blew my hair around that I really didn't think about the danger. I guess that's why storm trackers get so excited as they put themselves in harm's way just to take pictures or videos. It was a rush.

We got back to the hotel with only a few drops of rain on us but it was really blowing and raining when we got to our room. I opened the patio door and we listened to the rain hit the metal hand railing and watched the flags blow. It reminded me of the song...Rain drops keep falling on my head, just like the guy whose feet are to big for his bed, nothing seems to fit, oh' I'm never gonna
stop the world by complaining.... I forget the rest of the words. But I do know that complaining doesn't stop the problem and right now nothing seems to fit. (As far as my feet, they aren't too big for the bed.) Watch this video of the storm coming in.



There have been times in my life when the sky was blue and things were going well and then all of a sudden a storm brewed and dark clouds rolled in. I felt like there was nothing I could do but watch with mixed emotions. I was caught up in the storm for whatever reason and couldn't see the true danger. The excitement of being in something bigger than myself held my attention too long and then I got rained on!


After years of wallowing in the mud, Jesus changed my life and turned my storms into beautiful sunny days filled with His Light. Now the Holy Spirit of Living Water reigns down on me!


The next morning the sky was again a beautiful blue with fluffy white clouds that looked like cotton balls. The beach was peppered with shells and cabana's and those who came for the beach and sun were happy as larks.

My Life Interpretation:

God is in our storms and in our peaceful times. He is sovereign and in control of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment