Friday, April 24, 2009

Good Morning!

This will be a brief blog as I must get some housework done today! It's like I just can't seem to get in gear. The sun is shining so brightly and I want to go outside and work in the yard, plant some flowers, and get a tan doing it, but I have chores inside that are screaming my name. I wish my son would hear his room screaming for attention. I wake him up every morning with the same banter,

"This room is a mess and I want it cleaned up tonight before you do anything else."

Well of course he has track meets and yards to mow and homework to do, so I give him until the weekend. Then I look into my room and the bed isn't made, there are clothes to put away and the bathroom needs cleaned. WOW! I feel rather foolish. And so today I will get my house in order.

But today is my standing date lunch with my knight and so that takes a chunk out of my day. Don't get me wrong, I love my date lunch and wouldn't change it for the world, it's just that I think I would get more done if I didn't have to stop in the middle of the day to spend time with my hubby. That's the problem though, I don't get things done that need to be done and the things that could wait is what I want to do. Like read and write and learn new things about the Internet and blogging. For some reason I feel God is saying to learn what I can so I can show others how to do it. If God wants me on the computer then who am I to say no? Really now, do you believe that God wants me on the computer? I am wondering though why I have this desire to learn about Tweeter, FaceBook, LinkedIn and blogging. Is it that I have a need to connect with people or is it that I just want to write out my thoughts so I can better understand me?

The mind is a terrible thing to waste...who said that? As I get older I must actively pursue new things so my mind doesn't turn to mush. My parents are avid readers and are constantly on the go at 81 and 76. I want to be like them...I want my marriage to be like theirs and so I must forge on to open my mind and heart to new things.



I just love my mom and dad. Aren't they a happy looking couple? Married over 60 years and still in love!! That's why my knight and I got married on their anniversary....on April Fool's Day. ...because we are Fools for each other!

My Interpretation:

I don't want to waste my time on things that don't matter but I need to take time to figure out what does really matter ...to God!

1 comment:

  1. Your parents are so cute! God wants you to learn about blogging, etc so you can teach me - seriously. The thought had already crossed my mind to get you to show me some things!

    ReplyDelete