Saturday, January 14, 2012

Being Content with Life

My hubby and I have a standing lunch date on Fridays.  We have been doing this for 15 years and today my hubby asked me if I enjoy it as much as he does.   Funny how after 28 years of marriage...soon to be 29...I still enjoy being pampered by him and treated like the most important entry on his calendar. There were times when both of us were in managerial positions and we had small children and little time to be together, but now the kids are out of the house and we have so much more free time.  Sure we fill up our days and evenings with church events and community meetings but we also have the freedom to say "no can do!" 

I enjoy sitting here blogging or reading interesting information on the web as he watches football and reads the newspaper. We just can't seem to do one thing at a time though, unless we are watching a movie in the theater, (although he sometimes falls asleep unless it is a really good movie like the one we saw last night).  "Joyful Noise" had wonderful music and it was a cute movie.  Not one that sent me home wanting to better my life but it wasn't one that left me feeling blah.  It was a feel good movie with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton. Just wish Dolly wouldn't have messed with her face so much.

Getting older isn't something that I am afraid of or feel I have to get a face lift to be accepted in society.  I realize Dolly is in the public but what ever happened to just aging naturally? She was trying to play the part of a hot grandma and it just made the hubby and I both feel sorry for her in real life. I don't know much about her life but I hope she has a good man that loves her no matter how she looks.

Being content with life is a gift from God and a maturity in His ways. I remember the days when I worried about all kinds of things but now....I enjoy my life just the way it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment