Sunday, February 22, 2009

Licking the Bowl


Wow! There is nothing better than licking the brownie mix from the bowl. I tried to give my granddaughter a spoon but she wouldn't have anything to do with a utensil...I mean when you have your own two tiny hands that fit inside the bowl, why use a spoon!!

That's how I want to view life. Use both hands and lick every morsel of goodness I can. I don't want to worry about getting messy or fat! She doesn't even care if I like how she is going about getting all she can.

So why do I worry about what others think of me when I am trying to live my life to the fullest. God doesn't want me to worry about what man thinks, but about what He thinks. Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness." The thief here is Satan, but sometimes, I think the thief can be your own mind telling you lies and sometimes it is friends who think they know what is best for you. Friends can speak life or death into your soul. I am so thankful for family and friends that speak life into me which encourages me to go for all the blessings God has for me.

God offers us the bowl of goodness..."Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who trust in him! " Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment