Friday, July 1, 2011

California Here We Come!

When I graduated from high school 40 years ago ( I remember as a youngster I would say that time frame as if it were forever!) my friend, Angie and I agreed we would buy an old van and drive to California.  Well, that didn't happen!  After graduation I decided to get married at the end of the summer and she went to college, so we just enjoyed some California dreamin' and grown up reality.  But even though it may have taken me 36 years to get to California to drive the Pacific Coastal Highway I enjoyed it so much that my husband and I are going back to the sunny state to explore the northern area and see the amazing redwoods.

After my 20 year class reunion my husband accepted a transfer with his job to the wonderful state of North Carolina and so I have missed seeing my good friends in Ohio.  That is until a couple of weeks ago when I visited Angie and found out that she has been traveling...ALOT! 59 countries.  I have a lot of catching up to do. This year alone my hubby and I have been to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl...interesting place; Haiti...a wonderful mission trip; The Shenandoah Mountains on a road trip...beautiful drive; The Biltmore in Ashville...I never felt so pampered; Ohio with family....my favorite; and now on to Northern California and then in July, Lake Cumberland in KY with my family again.  Still the best is seeing my mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment